This French/New American bistro is a neighborhood staple, a Paulus Hook institution where locals flock for great cuisine, cocktails and chat in a super-comfortable but chic atmosphere. Here are but ten of many reasons why we are so loyal to our beloved Bistro La Source:
1. The Insides Match the Outsides – both are equally lovely. There are times when nothing can be cozier or more transporting on a cold day than dining or enjoying a drink inside the beautifully-lit interior. In the warmer months, the outdoor patio can’t be beat for comfort and people watching. And ps. your dog is welcome!
2. The Mussels, and the six delicious, distinctive ways they are prepared. We will never tire of them.
3. Mussels Monday. $10 all you can eat, 4pm right up to close!
4. Vegetarian Options Galore. Besides the many salads and sides, The Vegetarian Plate is a delightful sampling of couscous, pan-roasted and sautéed vegetables, and Chickpea and Beet-Pistachio salads. Both vegetarian pasta dishes – the Pasta Printemps, with vegetables, garlic, herb, pignoli and pecorino cheese, and the Home-Made Green Pea/Mint Ravioli – are scrumptious.
5. Locals always come and never leave. We have many treasured memories of running into friends or making new ones here. At Bistro La Source, an intended quick meal can often turn into a long, leisurely afternoon that heads into evening.
6. Sophisticated, stylish dishes to order and with which to impress French friends. “Alsatian Choucroute Garnie”, anyone?
7. The perfectly prepared comfort food when you crave it – Buttermilk Fried Chicken, with mashed potatoes, peas and gravy.
8. The two-course Prix Fixe Lunch Menu for $20. A steal!
9. A fantastic wine list at every price point, and a crisp Sancerre by the glass.
10. Specialty Cocktails like the Buona Sola -Ketel One Oranje, Limoncello, Campari and OJ, and the Rive Guache Martini – Grey Goose La Poire, St. Germain and Fresh Lime Juice.
85 Morris St. 201-209-1717 Open for Lunch, Brunch and Dinner.